Posted by Boss Hog Credit: Simplyscratch.com on Nov 30th 2022
Double Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies are a delicious sweet and savory treat and one more way to work bacon into your diet. These chocolate cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and crispy applewood smoked bacon.
- 6 slices applewood bacon
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¾ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with a silpat baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large cast iron skillet or pan; cook bacon until deep golden and crispy. Let cool and drain on paper towel then chop in large pieces.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and kosher salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Blend together the butter and sugar at low speed.
- Add the vanilla and two eggs to the butter/sugar mixture and beat after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients while the mixer is on low speed.
- With the mixer off; add the milk chocolate chips and chopped bacon.
- Form rounded tablespoons into balls and press down slightly with your fingertips.
- Slide cookie sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- After the cookies have baked, remove and let cool for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.