Posted by Boss Hog / Credit: Twopeasandtheirpod.com on Jul 25th 2022
Enjoy these burritos and be creative if you like. There are all kinds of complementary items you can add; jalapenos, chipotle peppers, black olives, black or pinto beans.
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz. frozen diced hash-brown potatoes with onions and peppers
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican Blend cheese
- Eight 8-inch heated flour tortillas.
- Pico de gallo, chopped avocado, and hot sauce, if desired
- 1. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 2. Wash the skillet to cook the potatoes. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until tender and slightly crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Remove potatoes from skillet and set aside.
- 3. In the same pan, cook the eggs. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and add the beaten eggs. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- 4. To assemble the burritos, sprinkle shredded cheese down the center of each warm flour tortilla. Next, spoon about ¼ cup of sausage over the cheese. Top with about ¼ cup of potatoes, egg, and 1 strip of chopped bacon. Fold bottom of each tortilla up over filling; roll up. If desired, serve with pico de gallo, avocado, and hot sauce. Serve warm.
- Note-these burritos are freezer friendly! Wrap each burrito in foil and place in a Ziploc freezer bag. When ready to eat, unwrap frozen burrito from foil. Place in a damp paper towel and microwave for about 3 minutes, depending on microwave power.