Posted by Boss Hog Credit: Theendlessmeal.com on Oct 9th 2023
Bourbon, bacon and peanut butter. Three delicious flavors that are exceptional when combined in this cookie recipe. Try using our Brown sugar bourbon bacon to really turbocharge your cookies.
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons bourbon (or 1 tablespoon vanilla)
- ½ cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until very crispy, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the pan and, once cool, crumble into small pieces. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the crispy bacon bits to use to top the cookies. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon oil and let it cool. (Put it into a small bowl in your fridge to speed up this step.)
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, use electric beaters to mix the butter and reserved bacon oil. Add the peanut butter and beat for 1 minute. Add the granulated and light brown sugar and beat until creamy, about 2 minutes. Then add the egg and bourbon and beat until light and fluffy, about two more minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in the crumbled bacon and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop (about 1 ½ tablespoons) and arrange the cookies 2-inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Gently press down the cookies then top with the 2 tablespoons of crispy bacon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 minutes for crispier cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.