Posted by Boss Hog Credit: Kitchendivas.com on Nov 7th 2023
One more divine bacon wrapped recipe! Great for breakfast or a meal side and simple to make.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- 10 slices bacon, almost crisp
- 10 cubes mozzarella cheese, cubed
- ½ cup garlic butter or 1 stick
- 10 toothpicks
- cooking spray
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil coated in baking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon until almost crisp. The bacon has to be cooked but still able to easily wrap around the biscuit ball.
- Open garlic butter stick and using a sharp knife cut 10 slices of butter about ¼ of an inch thick. Set aside. Take remaining garlic butter and set aside in a bowl, if desired. You can melt it and brush it on top of the biscuits before you bake them.
- Cut 10 square cubes of cheese approximately ¾ of an inch in size. Set aside.
- Open can of biscuits and separate on your work surface. Take a biscuit and make an impression in the middle with your thumb. Grab a piece of butter and a cube of cheese and place it in the center of the biscuit. Next you have to seal the cheese and butter inside the biscuit. Pinch your seams together and roll the ball around in your hands. You don't want the cheese to leak out during baking. Sealing is important.
- Next wrap an almost cooked piece of bacon around each biscuit ball and secure it with a toothpick. Place on your prepared baking sheet. Toothpicks pointing up.
- Melt remaining butter in bowl in the microwave and brush all over the surface of each biscuit ball.
- Bake for between 10 and 15 minutes. Dough will be nicely browned.
- Remove immediately from baking sheet and place biscuit balls on paper towel. Serve immediately.