"Life is Just Better with Bacon." That's the mission statement of Baconery.com and we can't disagree with that. They have devoted themselves to combining the "two ingredients that make everything taste heavenly in your mouth" - salt and sugar. Since their launch in September of 2011, not only has the Baconery grown their selection of tasty bacon treats and their ever-growing fan base, but they have also expanded the Baconery.com eCommerce store into a brick-and-mortar store in New York.
Today we get a chance to share one of their awesome bacon-filled recipes with you: their famous Bacon Mac and Cheese. With a blend of 2 different cheeses, and delicious crispy bacon, this mac and cheese will be a party-pleaser whether it's a party of twelve or a party of one.
Hey Bacon Mac and Cheese, get in our mouths!
Baconery's Bacon Mac n Cheese
Cooking Time: 30 min
Approx. Prep Time: 30 min
1 lb dry pasta (cavatappi or fusilli)
4 cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
1 quart whole milk
4 oz butter
1/2 cup flour breadcrumbs
2 cups bacon ends chopped generously
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Boil the pasta in liberally salted water until it is chewy but still a little firm. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt the butter over low heat until it bubbles, but does not turn brown. Add flour and whisk until texture starts to look grainy (1-2 minutes).
3. Add milk, salt and pepper then whisk until sauce thickens (5 minutes). Add cheese and stir until melted.
4. Combine cheese sauce to pasta and stir together. Add the chopped bacon.
5. Pour into baking dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes.